Saturday, August 8, 2009

Doin' the Charleston

During Independence Day week, we and Marilyn (Lillian’s mother) stayed in a lovely beachside condo at Wild Dunes Resort on Isle of Palms, SC (outside of Charleston). On a dinner cruise, Matt and Lillian fulfilled the requirement of doing the Charleston dance in the city where it was founded. The rest of the time we enjoyed the beach, pool, and many area attractions. Felicity proved to be a real beach baby, and was delighted to meet lots of live animals on the trip.

Hello Charleston!

Felicity's first plane ride. (Can I drink Daddy's coffee with this straw?)


View from the screened-in porch at our beachside condo.


In the gardens in Old Charleston (Nathaniel Russell House)


The beautiful new Cooper River Bridge dominates the skyline of Charleston.


View of the bridge from the river cruise.


Cruising Charleston at twilight


Felicity discovers the pool

Woah, this is a lot bigger than the bathtub!


Pretty in polka dots


The pool is really cool!


You don't scare me! I laugh at you, shark.


Even in the pool, I like Daddy's shoulders best.


Carriage ride tour of Charleston





Jus' chillin' in the Southern heat.


You don't need these, do you?


Got Daddy's glasses again!


Exploring the animals at the Palmetto Carriage Red Barn

Look, a real rooster!


Peanut, the baby miniature donkey, and his mom


Please, please, can I pet the donkeys?


Thank you, Mr. Mule, for showing us around Charleston!


South Carolina Aquarium

Touch the hermit crab


Wave hello to the diver!


Felicity makes a great figurehead for this ship


Who YOU lookin' at?
(Hilarious video of Felicity's staredown with the eagle below.)




Felicity the Explorer



More seaside fun

Making new friends (particularly of the four-legged variety)


On the ferry to Fort Sumter


Felicity's first ferry ride


Independence Day

Whatcha guys doing out here?


Does this hat make me look like Felicity, the American Girl?


I'm celebrating my independence by exploring the porch


Banging on this table is awesome!


Happy Fourth of July!!


Ha, ha, Daddy, I got your shoes!


Playing in the dancing sprinkler at the Wild Dunes swim center


No comments: